5 Home Selling Strategies For Springfield, MO
Posted: November 11, 2016 by Alex Fowler
Here are five great tips to help with selling your homes for sale in Springfield, MO.
- Repair problems before you list the home. Before you list your home, take notes of any problems with your home. Sometimes it is hard to see problems yourself so it is always smart to have a friend come over to get an honest opinion. If you find a problem, chances are the buyer will find the same problem and want it fixed. You only get one chance to make a first impression, so make sure that your home doesn’t give off a negative one.
Not fixing problems ahead of time will also result in fewer and lower offers. Make sure that your homes for sale in Springfield, MO are fixed up so buyers will want it and so you can get the best value for your home.
- Have professional photos taken. Almost everything is online now. Most buyers begin their home search here, and if you don’t have photos that stand out, you run the risk of being skipped over. Our agents in Springfield, MO use professional photographers so if you can find an agent that does, then you wouldn't have to have any taken yourself. Also, our office in Springfield, MO creates virtual tours for your listings!
- Stage your home. While there is a lot of debate over whether homes should be staged, studies have shown that staging a home can have a positive impact. When done correctly, staged homes make it easier for buyers to picture themselves living in a space, which could mean a faster sale and a higher offer price for sellers. If you have all your furniture still in the home, make sure that you remove any family photos from your home and that it is impeccably clean, has neutral-colored walls, and is free of any distracting odors.
- Create a takeaway packet that highlights the features of your home. Our real estate agents can put together a packet for you. They will include a list of any special features, and can add a descriptive document that draws attention to anything that buyers might miss during a quick showing. For example, if you know that your backyard gets a lot of sun, tell buyers that it’d be a great yard for a garden or for entertaining outdoors.
If you are currently looking for homes for sale in Springfield, MO and are looking for a real estate agent, check out our website at http://www.cbvanguard.com/ or call our office at 417-887-6664 or click the button below.
- Price your home for the market. The most important home selling strategy is to price your home correctly. Far too often, home sellers think that it’s smart to price high because they expect buyers to try to negotiate, but that only hurts the seller. Ask your real estate agent in Springfield, MO to provide a comparative market analysis that shows how much similar homes in your neighborhood have sold for.
Find a REALTOR®